I'm a novice Linux user and have been trying to get Sprog (which looks like
a fantastic app) to work on Centos Enterprise v4.2 (Intel xeon smp
2gh/512mb - centos full install) - with no luck - I know there are component
libraries which need to be installed such as...
* GTK+ libraries
* Perl <http://search.cpan.org/dist/perl/> - preferably version 5.8,
along with the following CPAN modules:
* Gtk2 <http://search.cpan.org/dist/Gtk2/> Perl bindings
* Gnome2::Canvas <http://search.cpan.org/dist/Gnome2-Canvas/> *
* Gtk2::GladeXML <http://search.cpan.org/dist/Gtk2-GladeXML/>
* Class::Accessor <http://search.cpan.org/dist/Class-Accessor/>
* YAML <http://search.cpan.org/dist/YAML/>
* Pod::Simple <http://search.cpan.org/dist/Pod-Simple/>
When I try to install these I get missing package dependencies and when I
install the missing components they are not found by Sprog or other
I've also been trying to find rpm files where poss. (to satisfy the
dependencies and have been using fedora core 4 rpms as I cant find the rpms
for centos) but when I download a component package in tgz format I unpack
and install them using the 'default' install method...
should I be using a location switch on the install commands such as make
If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be very grateful!