This is a normal unified diff. To apply:
- Get a fresh CVS checkout
- cd into the wxsoft directory
- patch -p1 < patchfile
If you don't use -p1, some versions of patch will put wxsoft/linux/Makefile down on the filesystem as wxsoft/Makefile. Kinda dumb, but hey.
- use _T macro around all strings passed to wxgtk. This will allow compilation against ASCII or Unicode builds of wxgtk. Use of _T vs. wxT is apparently a matter of taste; I thought _T would look more familiar to any other Windows programmers who happened by. If your thinking is that _T will merely confuse people (as they might for example think it's the Windows _T macro), feel free to change to wxT, it'll work the same. I added _T to a bunch of commented-out debug statements too.
- add a few wxwidgets debugging statements
- various linux build fixes from adafruit forums participants
- linux Makefile from forums participants, with a few tweaks (option for wxwidgets debug build, etc)
- I imagine usb.h was copied into the wxsoft directory to resolve an include path problem. I left it untouched, but it should probably be removed. On a stock ubuntu 9.10 system, it hoses you; any installed libusb is going to be newer, and the header is incompatible.
- Some of the PNGs used by the UI are encoded in headers for wxgtk. These files are compressed in CVS. The forum-supplied linux makefile didn't decompress them, so you couldn't build against a clean checkout, you had to magically know to go gunzip them. I added some makefile goo to decompress them on the fly (and clean up the decompressed files at distclean time).
- I'm not set up to build this stuff on Windows or MacOS. With such large amounts of textual change I may have broken one or both of those builds. I can get set up for windows 32- and 64-bit builds if that would help.