Last modification: 2012-08-20
Author: Martin Lacina
SPL Annotations Overview
- Gets all SPL annotations (cz.cuni.mff.spl.SPL)
from source file opened in active Java editor in Eclipse and shows them.
- Dialogs for adding generator/method aliases and formulas.
- Editor of selected annotation.
SPL Results Overview
- Allows to explore SPL results.
- Supports dynamic graphs for comparisons and measurements (density graphs
require Rscript). When measurement data are not available, than it tries
to load generated PNG images (defined in resutls source file) from
location where results source file (spl-result.xml) is located.
SPL Configuration Editor
- Allows to edit implicit project configuration (file SPLconfig.xml).
- Is bound with '.xspl' files for now (create them as copy of SPLconfig.xml).
- Ini editing capabilities are not implemented to the end (i.e. dialog for
repository access configuration does load or save data).
SPL Execution View
- allows to run SPL Tools Framework directly from Eclipse
- execution can be cancelled
- finished execution results can be viewed with one click
Make sure that you have SPL.jar placed in folder "/lib/". It won't work otherwise.
Make sure that you have JRE 1.7 configured as JVM for Eclipse (that will run plugin).
It won't work otherwise.
Make sure you have Xtext 2.3.0 plug-in in your eclipse (update site 'Xtext All In One'
with URI 'http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/tmf/xtext/updates/composite/releases/').
Run src/cz/cuni/mff/spl/eclipseplugin/xtext/GenerateSPL_xtext.mwe2 as MWE2 Workflow
to generate xtext related files.
Use Run As -> Eclipse Application on project in Package Explorer to test plugin.
See "Issue 7" when experiencing PermGen errors.
View for Eclipse can be added by selecting Menu Window -> Show View -> Other,
then type "SPL" to filter and select "SPL Annotations Overview". It should
appear in bottom of Java perspective automatically when new Java perspective is
Note than changes in Java editor show in SPL Annotations Overview with delay
(cca 5 seconds) after no change has been made. You can force refresh using
"Refresh SPL Annotations" button.
You need to have annotated java source file opened in order to see list
Issues that can show in some revisions:
1. Eclipse can't process "import org.eclipse.*"
Add "<classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.pde.core.requiredPlugins"/>"
to file ".classpath".
2. Class not found exception on Code repository classes
Make sure that you have SPL.jar placed in folder /lib/.
3. SPL Annotations Overview view is not in list of views but plug-in is installed
Make sure that eclipse is running on top of JRE 1.7, when run with JRE 1.6, than
plug-in is ignored by eclipse.
4. Unable to resolve import org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.embedded.EmbeddedEditor
Get xtext 2.2 or newer, xtext 2.3.0 is recommended.
5. MWE2: Couldn't find module cz.cuni.mff.spl.eclipseplugin.xtext.GenerateSPL_xtext
Make sure that your project name in
src/cz/cuni/mff/spl/eclipseplugin/xtext/GenerateSPL_xtext.mwe2 matches name of
your project folder (otherwise some
files may be generated to bad directory) and that folders 'src-xtext/src' and
'src-xtext/src-gen' already exist in project.
6. MWE2: java.io.IOException: The path '/eclipseplugin/.../...java' is unmapped
Make sure that node 'name' in file '.project' matches name of your project
folder, otherwise URI maping in MWE2 does not work.
Default name of project folder is 'eclipseplugin' (character case matters
even on Windows machines due to URI mapping).
7. Runtime: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
Explanation: Permanent Generation memory of JVM was too small to hold all
loaded classes and static fields. It is possible, that started Debug/Run
Eclipse instance has default JVM value for MaxPermGen constant (it seems to
be about 80 MB, but default eclipse value is 256 MB).
Solution: Add JVM parameter "-XX:MaxPermSize=256M" to your run configuration
Arguments tab under "VM arguments".