Close

download problem/ inbox full

Support
duda10
2010-08-01
2013-04-24
  • duda10

duda10 - 2010-08-01

I am getting this message "The folder Inbox is full, and can't hold any more messages. To make room for more messages, delete any old or unwanted mail and compact the folder."

I have already deleted my inbox and also compacted. No change.

• John Prime

John Prime - 2011-09-17

I am getting that problem too, eliminated most items in it, and it won't compact and won't let me  get new email. Did you ever get a reply? I see none here.

• Anonymous - 2012-04-13

I have the same message as nakha. I tried to compact the folder, but everything is still the same. Nothing in inbox folder and can not receive new messages with the message The folder is full …. the rest you know. Can anyone help with this, or I have to delete this mail client.

• Jim Michaels

Jim Michaels - 2012-04-20

try my inbox splitter. it's based on tbird, I don't know if it will work specifically with spicebird, but I might be able to modify it to work with spicebird.  I am about to install sb to see how it is exactly configured.  sb is supposed to be based on mozilla tb and ff. so I think it should work, and it probably also has the same 2GiB inbox limit.
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/tbmailsplit/
    sb uses the same mbox email inbox format as tb.
    what I don't know is if it still uses the same .msf files or not (which this program deletes to fix the problem with tb), and whether the tb profile is the same as the sb profile. I will find out today.

• Jim Michaels

the program detects only tb profiles.  spicebird profile.ini seems to be the same, but I am going to have to make a chnage in the program and re-release because of %APPDATA%\spicebird rather than %APPDATA%\thunderbird so I should have something out tonight.

• Jim Michaels

skip it for now, I have some work to do on this. can't figure out how to fix the problem with spicebird.  with tb it was as easy as splitting on lines containing only "-" into separate files to taste and then deleting the msf files.  but this doesn't work with spicebird.  it treats those split folders as empty.  I guess it wants the original inbox name to be exact or else?

come on spicebird, EVERYBODY has a 64-bit filesystem now.

• Jim Michaels

spicebird breaks the mbox format standard.  so I am going to rewrite my code all over again…