Language - Comunity - Translation

2008-04-09
2013-01-13
  • Javier C.G.

Javier C.G. - 2008-04-09

This app has execute spanish language?

• Peter Grasch

Peter Grasch - 2008-04-11

I am sorry, we do not yet "support" any languages besides English and German.

That means that the GUI of the program is only translated into these two languages.

You can however build spanish language models with the english version for example as the actual langauge used doesn't matter for simon itself.

If you have some time on your hands and want to help you could translate simon to Spanish which is actually really easy. (you don't have to know how to program or anything, its just translating strings using the qt linguist)

-- bedahr

• Moa

Moa - 2008-04-12

I sent to bedahr(in personal email) a portuguese translation several weeks ago but him not update the sources. I d found  a minors bugs in source but Lost the diff files. Bedahr  Do you want the translation yet?

• Peter Grasch

Peter Grasch - 2008-04-17

@mwprado: I am awfully sorry about that. I must admit - i completely forgot.

I added it in in revision # and also fixed the julius build to make it pick it up when the system-language is pt_*.

Thanks again for the help!

-- bedahr

• Peter Grasch

Peter Grasch - 2008-04-17

erm that should read revision 381 - sorry

• Myron Curtis

Myron Curtis - 2010-06-06

It might be possible to use a language translation service like Open Babble Fish to translate any text generated. We do this in Virtual Worlds all the time, and there is no reason it couldn't be extended to meet your needs.

• Peter Grasch

Peter Grasch - 2010-06-08

We were talking about a translation of the interface where a maschine generated translation would not make sense.

I replied to your request in the other topic…

Greetings,
    Peter