Anyone using SpecJava

2001-07-14
2002-01-17
  • Morten Skaarup Jensen

I'd like to know if anyone actually uses SpecJava. Does it even still work? If not, then it will be removed in future versions. The Java demos in particular take up quite a bit of space.

• Internet Discovery

I doubt that many people use SpecTcl for Java as the java version used is
      quite old and the Java world has forte and other GUI builders.

if we dropped support for Java and focuessed on Tk,
      we might be able to extend the Widget definition language to do more of Tk
      specific things and integrate things like [wm] and [bind] in a Tk specific
      but language agnostic way (Perl Python Ruby Tcl).

• Daryl Moulder

Daryl Moulder - 2001-12-13

I am using specJava and have also been developing it further.  I have implemented some 1.1 event handling and replacing the AWT with Swing componants.  If anyone is interested I would be happy to maintain and complete this code work as I have found the other ide's such as netbeans etc to be way too slow.

Daryl Moulder

• Nobody/Anonymous

Interesting. I would judge your developments as most welcome in SpecTcl. The little I know about Java is that AWT is becoming obsolete and that Swing is what everyone is using. If this is a one time change, just send the new versions of the files to me. From what I understand however, this is quite a large change and the most sensible thing would be to register you as a developer and give you write access to the CVS repository.

When your changes are stable, spread the word in Java circles - if you like it, chances are that a lot of others will as well - the Java developer community is much bigger than the Tcl/Tk community.

MSJ

• Nobody/Anonymous

Interesting. I would judge your developments as most welcome in SpecTcl. The little I know about Java is that AWT is becoming obsolete and that Swing is what everyone is using. If this is a one time change, just send the new versions of the files to me. From what I understand however, this is quite a large change and the most sensible thing would be to register you as a developer and give you write access to the CVS repository.

When your changes are stable, spread the word in Java circles - if you like it, chances are that a lot of others will as well - the Java developer community is much bigger than the Tcl/Tk community.

MSJ

• Daryl Moulder

Daryl Moulder - 2002-01-09

I've sent the code to your uni address, please let me know if it got to you. If not please email me at

dmoulder@NOSPAMcsse.monash.edu.au

(remove the NOSPAM to get the address).

Daryl Moulder

• Nobody/Anonymous

Thanks, I received it and have now committed it to the CVS tree, so everyone that downloads the latest CVS-version will get the changes.

MSJ

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks