mimetype translated to german language

Anonymous
2013-12-15
2014-01-28
  • Comment has been marked as spam. 
    Undo

    You can see all pending comments posted by this user  here

    Anonymous - 2013-12-15

    Hello all,
    I've install the Version 0.9.2 of spacefm-gtk3 on my Debian Sid.
    The mimetypes are not translated, e.g. in the listview, I see
    folder or plain text, but not the german "Ordner" or "Textdokument".
    I have edit the following files in /usr/share/mime:
    application, text and /packages/freedesktop.org.xml and also the shared-mime-info.mo (build from sources).
    All mimetypes are correct translated, but spacefm ignored this.
    Is this a bug or is the problem on my system?
    E.g. Thunar is viewing all mimetypes correctly.
    Many thanks for a hint and regards

     
    • Comment has been marked as spam. 
      Undo

      You can see all pending comments posted by this user  here

      Anonymous - 2013-12-16

      Hello again,

      I've compiled spacefm-next from sources, and now is it ok. The mimetypes are translated, and I am happy.
      @Ignorantguru
      Thankyou for this super software and for your work.

       
  • Comment has been marked as spam. 
    Undo

    You can see all pending comments posted by this user  here

    Anonymous - 2014-01-25

    Hello,
    I'm trying to do the same.
    I've installed spacefm-next version (0.9.3-1) from sources.
    Thunar shows mime-types correctly translated.
    I've tried to edit the mime-related files, but "/usr/share/mime/application" and "/usr/share/mime/text" are directories and I can't find any "/packages/freedesktop.org.xml" file in my root...
    (my distro: crunchbang 11, based on debian)

    Which are exactly the files I have to edit?
    Do I really need to edit them? Even if Thunar can already show correctly translated mime-types information?

    Thank you for help.

     
  • IgnorantGuru

    IgnorantGuru - 2014-01-28

    I don't have any information on this - I only know that there were no recent changes to SpaceFM that should have affected this. If you don't get an answer here I suggest opening an issue on the tracker - you might get more feedback there or it can be investigated. Since there aren't more reports of it, and the way the initial poster said it vanished, it sounds like it's probably a shared-mime-info issue. Also be sure to update the shared-mime-info cache if editing files, though I don't think edits would be required.

     


Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments





Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:





No, thanks