Reference manual??

Help
Aneesh
2009-02-25
2013-05-20
  • Aneesh

Aneesh - 2009-02-25

Hi,
      I would like to experiment with your toolkit for speech recognition (without having any background in using this toolkit ever before). I am having difficulty in even begining with this software (which I believe must be my fault in not being able to understand where to start)
    Except for the reference files that come with the code, I can find no other manual on how to start working with this toolkit.
    If you could please direct me with some example on working with this toolkit, I will greatly appreciate.

Regards

• Celsius813

Celsius813 - 2009-03-02

Hi,

if you take a look at the front page of the project (http://sp-tk.sourceforge.net/), I think developers made available a Reference Manual (pdf) and an "Examples for using SPTK" manual (pdf).

Hope it helps,

Regards

• Aneesh

Aneesh - 2009-03-02

Hi,
         Thanks for your reply. I have taken a look at the reference manuals, but that is not what I was asking.
      The reference manuals (the big one) is like a Unix man page of all the commands (ok I should not call it a Unix man page, its definitely somewhat better .. ). What we get from this document is, how to use the commands and not how to use it as a software.
      And the example document, it is just too small+brief+thin to get a hang of anything .... just tooo small.

What I was looking for was, a manual or a similar document, showing some examples of how this set of tool is used in spech signal processing domain. I have been told, this toolkit is especially useful for speech recognition and speech synthesis and this is the exact purpose I would like to explore it.

Nonetheless, despite of the fact whether I can find such manual, there is no doubt, this toolkit is quite useful (and extensive) for signal processing in general.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks