DLL won't load on XP pro service pk 2

Help
JackyDoggy
2011-02-12
2013-06-12
  • JackyDoggy

JackyDoggy - 2011-02-12

Yeah sourcecookiefier dll doesn't see to want to load on XP pro svc pk 2. Get the usual mult-threaded message and not compatible with latest NP++  5.8.7
    What libs am I missing?

• UFO

UFO - 2011-02-12

hi,
    "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package" is the one you need.
    greets

• JackyDoggy

JackyDoggy - 2011-02-13

Thanks ufo

But no joy on that, installed the package but got the same result. Anything else?

• UFO

UFO - 2011-02-13

-did it ever work for you?
    -is your XP 64 bit and you didn't install the 32 bit runtime but only the 64 bit one?
    -i hope you didn't try with N++ ansi version?
    -what exactly was the error message?

• JackyDoggy

JackyDoggy - 2011-02-13

Yo ufo,
    Got it to work as a side-effect of installing powershell 2.0. This requires XP sp3 and Net frame work 2 sp1.
    After XP sp3 install: the same error, after net framework: all systems are go!

Moral of da story? needs a net framework, mayhaps even 1.0 might do for those less adventurous.

• UFO

UFO - 2011-02-13

Interesting.. actually it shows a messagebox telling you to install the .NET runtime if it's not found.
    Any chance you're using an older version of sourcecookifier?
    Anyway nice to hear it finally works for you.. and for the folks: .NET 2.0 is required.. 1.0 or 1.1 won't help!

• JackyDoggy

JackyDoggy - 2011-02-14

it was the latest notepad++ 5.8.7 and downloading cookifier with the inbuilt plugin manager … so should all be the latest.
    no message boxes were displayed except the error mentioned on the plugin managers restart of np++ to actually load the newly installed plugin.

• UFO

UFO - 2011-02-14

I will look into that of course..
    thanks again for reporting

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks