Menu

.NET plugin source

2010-03-18
2019-12-11
  • Micahel Snook

Micahel Snook - 2010-03-18

Would it be possible to get access to the source from the C++ side for the .NET plugin template?

Also, have you considered using the .NET regular expression engine as opposed to the gnu regex? The .NET implementation of regular expressions seems to be somewhat superior and just as fast. I have put together an example using your 0.2 source that shows this working for the most part.

I am having some strange issues that I think are coming from UAC and admin rights when running outside of the visual studio environment. I think having some visibility into whats going on  in the .NET to native interface would help.

Thanks for the good work!

• UFO

UFO - 2010-03-18

Hi,

yep, as mentioned in the last topic,
    the source will get shipped with the next version again.
    I mean the full source…

• UFO

UFO - 2010-03-18

Oh, I forgot to answer on your other question.
    It's not me using regular expressions.. it's CTags which uses gnu regex!
    I know that there are cases when C# is even faster than C, but I highly doubt
    that it would be faster on string operations than the clean C code of gnu regex.. but who knows.
    Anyway I never intended to do the source code parsings on my own.

• Micahel Snook

Micahel Snook - 2010-03-19

Ufo,

I doubt its faster, its mostly the enhanced support for lookbehind  that i'm looking for.

I think a good option that would alleviate the need for a separate plugin would be to provide an option to use
    the .Net regex engine. It should be able to use almost the same interface as the cookifier current has.

Perhaps I could write up a patch to your source once that is released to show you what im thinking?

• UFO

UFO - 2010-03-28

Yep, thanks, I'm curious of course.. gimme some time to do the next release (with source).
    cheers

• Ivan.Zhang

Ivan.Zhang - 2010-08-04

Hi, Ufo,
    Your plugin is greate, but it's based on .net framework.
    Npp is based on natigve win32, so it's very fast to startup; but when I use the plugin, my Npp is apparently slow when starting up.
    Do you have any plan to rewrite the plugin with c/c++?

Thanks.

• UFO

UFO - 2010-08-04

hi,
    1) sorry, no plans at the moment moving everything to unmanaged code.. I love native coding, but that would be a nightmare
    2) N++ only starts up slower when you've got the sourcecookifier tab opened (on XP.. on Vista I don't know)
    3) at least since Windows 7 it won't start up slower because of that.

Do you have any plans updating your OS ? ;D
    I'm just kidding, but in the future .NET will probably go even deeper into the windows kernel than it already is on windows 7. Start-up-speed of .NET won't be that annoying sooner or later.

regards

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-09-25

Since this thread is about the source, I figured this would be a better place than a new thread about my inquiry: Where are the sources for newer versions of the plugin?

I use Notepad++ with Wine/Mono on Kubuntu and would like to get this working for me.

• UFO

UFO - 2012-09-27

Sorry for that. Some time ago some guy started ripping the code
    for another plug-in. And he did it in kinda bad manner. Nasty. So
    I simply felt like stopping to update the source on SF. But now that
    somebody finally asks, I'll update it again asap!
    Cheers

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-10-04

Hi!

Is there any support for Lexers with your your .net plugin framework?
    I tried to add the necessary calls (from https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/notepad-plus/index.php?title=Plugin_Development) but they are not fired when the plugin initializes.

Thanks. :)

• UFO

UFO - 2012-10-05

Hi,
    sorry, and don't have any experience with writing lexers at all, since I never
    tried or even had a look at it. I'm sure you'd faster find some help on this when
    posting on the N++ forums.
    greets