Cross compatibily of iso19794

• sqripter

sqripter - 2013-12-26

Robert, once again thank you for his great software.

I would like to know how to make the templates from other engine to be compatible with that needed by ISO 19794-4. This is becuase when i tried doing so, its assrtion error was to the effect that the template too long compared to what it is supposed to.

I am operatin in Java/Linux. The templates are in ISO 19794 and generated by the Secugen fingerprint module. Is there a workaround to this making my templates compatible with SourceAFIS?

Connected to this, i eagerly await, along with the Java community your next version, hoping it would at least having the extraction implementation :-)

• Robert Važan

Robert Važan - 2013-12-27

ISO 19794-4 is not supported. If you can provide me with a description of the format, I can implement it, assuming it's reasonably compatible with SourceAFIS templates.

Nevertheless, I am increasingly inclined to drop support for all standard template formats or perhaps move them into separate project. IMO, templates are internal to AFIS systems. Standardization of templates is an old habit and nowadays merely serves as an artificial barrier of entry into biometric market and a revenue source for ISO.

Images are the standard interchange format for fingerprints. They are highly compatible and they contain all the necessary information. They can be transmitted and stored cheaply these days. They enable all sorts of fancy algorithms that would be impossible with standard templates. Secugen can AFAIK provide you with the raw fingerprint image.

I know, I know, Java is a high priority. I am chopping my way out of a huge heap of backlog. I won't have time to release in January, but let's hope I will be finally on top of things around summer.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks