Menu

help for a consultation

2019-01-25
2019-01-25
  • Oscar Armando Perez Rivas

Last edit: Oscar Armando Perez Rivas 2019-08-14
  • Robert Važan

Robert Važan - 2019-01-25

Every fingerprint reader has its own API. You have to get sensor API documentation from the manufacturer. SourceAFIS expects already captured fingerprint image. It should be able to process fingerprint from any sensor.

if I understand that each fingerprint reader has his api but I want to read the biometric to access their records and I do not have contact with the provider for which I am giving support to a biometric and the person in charge of supporting it does not want to provide that service. for which I am looking for support in forums on how to enter that biometric model that is in the image!!

• Robert Važan

Robert Važan - 2019-01-25

Oscar, what do you mean by "biometric"? You are using it as a noun, but it's an adjective in English. What does "read the biometric" mean? I assumed it means the same as "read the fingerprint", but now I am not sure.

If the hardware vendor doesn't talk to you and there are no online docs/APIs, you are most likely stuck. SourceAFIS doesn't deal with hardware and it only supports well-documented file formats.

If in my country they call it a biometric, they rarely call it a fingerprint reader.

I think that probably there is no information on the network about that model of the fingerprint reader because it creates a new program to replace the one that it has but here in the company where I am giving the support they have no way of accessing the device.

Thanks for your quick responses and I will also be in the forum if I can help in some queries