Menu

Issues with adding SoundTouch to my project

Help
2019-04-01
2019-04-05
  • Alan Truworth

Alan Truworth - 2019-04-01

Hello,

I'm currently on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6, and using Xcode 9.4.1. I'm also using JUCE for this.
    I seem to not entirely understand how to implement SoundTouch into my own project. I have all the source files that I need from SoundTouch in my project folder and I did #include "SoundTouch.h" into one of my .h files in my project where it will be used. All I did was declare a SoundTouch member in one of my classes and when I build it, it gives me an Apple Mach-O Linker error: "Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64" for SoundTouch() and ~SoundTouch()

So what am I missing here? I didn't see anything in the readme on this. In the FAQ section it did say to look at SoundStrech's main.cpp as an example. I did that, and I definitely understand how to use it, just not sure how to add it to my project so that it's recognized.

• oparviai

oparviai - 2019-04-02

Hello,

The "Undefined symbols" error by the linker suggests that C++ compiler uses the .h files but linker can't find object files compiled from the corresponding .cpp files.

Accordingly verify that the .cpp files are surely included in your project, that they surely get compiled, and that linker path settings are correct so that linker can find the required obj files.

Last edit: oparviai 2019-04-02
  • Alan Truworth

Alan Truworth - 2019-04-05

The settings were correct, but I did find the issue. Since I'm using JUCE, it doesn't seem to allow me to add paths and/or link libraries through Xcode, I have to do it through JUCE's Projucer in order for it to be implemented in the project in Xcode. Now it compiles properly.