Copyright of Clipart

2004-07-09
2004-07-09
  • Daniel Kinzler

Daniel Kinzler - 2004-07-09

First of all, thank you for this great program!
    Among other things, i use it for contributing to the Wikipedia.

Here is my question: in the clipart-section on the SodiPodi website <http://www.sodipodi.com/index.php3?section=clipart>, there are several Images that lack the name of an author (all of the "Houses", "Symbols" and "Map Symbols"). Who holds the copyright to those images? Are they free to be used in the Wikipedia (that is, GNU-FDL or public domain)?

Also, in the other sections (i'm especially interrested in "Flags" and "Code of Arms"), there is no way to contact the authors in order to ask them for permission to use those images. Is there any way to contact them? Do you have their mail-addresses, and if yes, would you (the sodipodi-people) relay requests to them? Also, it would be great if you would urge people to explicitely state a license for the images, that would realy help...

Thanks in advance,
    Daniel

• Daniel Kinzler

Daniel Kinzler - 2004-07-09

The Clipart-Frontpage sais: "These images may be freely reused". I need to know the *specific license*, because only images in the public domain or under the GNU-FDL may be used in the german Wikipedia.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks