Menu

Cannot make socs 2.2

Help
2014-03-05
2014-03-07
  • Hugo Lopez Fernandez

I have downloaded socs 2.2 and I can't make it under Ubuntu 13.0 with g++ installed.

Here is the log of the make command:
    root@hlfernandez-VAIO:/opt/socs# ls
    2bit EncodedSequence.cpp ParameterList.h doc
    ChromosomeFile.cpp EncodedSequence.h ProgressBar.cpp macros.h
    ChromosomeFile.h ErrorMap.cpp ProgressBar.h main.cpp
    ChromosomeStream.cpp ErrorMap.h ScoreWriter.cpp scripts
    ChromosomeStream.h LICENSE.txt ScoreWriter.h socsAssert.h
    ChromosomeStream2Bit.cpp Makefile Splitter.cpp types.h
    ChromosomeStream2Bit.h Match.cpp Splitter.h
    ChromosomeStreamFasta.cpp Match.h common.cpp
    ChromosomeStreamFasta.h ParameterList.cpp common.h
    root@hlfernandez-VAIO:/opt/socs# make
    make[1]: Entering directory /opt/socs/2bit' gcc -c -O2 -g *.c common2bit.c: In function 'firstWordInFile': common2bit.c:1963:6: warning: ignoring return value of 'fgets', declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result] fgets(wordBuf, wordBufSize, f); ^ obscure.c: In function 'incCounterFile': obscure.c:24:10: warning: ignoring return value of 'fread', declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result] fread(&val, sizeof(val), 1, f); ^ obscure.c: In function 'cpFile': obscure.c:235:14: warning: ignoring return value of 'write', declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result] write(d, buf, readSize); ^ twoBit.c: In function 'readBlockCoords': twoBit.c:413:10: warning: ignoring return value of 'fread', declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result] fread(nStarts, sizeof(nStarts[0]), blkCount, f); ^ twoBit.c:414:10: warning: ignoring return value of 'fread', declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result] fread(nSizes, sizeof(nSizes[0]), blkCount, f); ^ twoBit.c: In function 'twoBitOutNBeds': twoBit.c:1013:10: warning: ignoring return value of 'fread', declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result] fread(nStarts, sizeof(nStarts[0]), nBlockCount, tbf->f); ^ twoBit.c:1014:10: warning: ignoring return value of 'fread', declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result] fread(nSizes, sizeof(nSizes[0]), nBlockCount, tbf->f); ^ twoBit.c: In function 'twoBitSeqSizeNoNs': twoBit.c:1055:10: warning: ignoring return value of 'fread', declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result] fread(nStarts, sizeof(nStarts[0]), nBlockCount, tbf->f); ^ twoBit.c:1056:10: warning: ignoring return value of 'fread', declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result] fread(nSizes, sizeof(nSizes[0]), nBlockCount, tbf->f); ^ ar -cr lib2bit.a *.o ranlib lib2bit.a rm *.o make[1]: Leaving directory/opt/socs/2bit'
    gcc -lstdc++ -lpthread -I2bit -o socs .cpp 2bit/lib2bit.a
    gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory
    make:
    ** [socs] Error 1

Hope you can help me because I really want to use socs. Thank you very much.

• Brian Ondov

Brian Ondov - 2014-03-05

Hi Hugo,
    Have you been able to build other programs from source? From the error, it looks like something might have gone wrong with the g++ install.

• Hugo Lopez Fernandez

Yes, I am able to build other programs from source using the make comand (such as bsmap 2.74)...for this reason I do not know where the problem can be or if there is a missing library.

• Brian Ondov

Brian Ondov - 2014-03-06

On line 6 of the socs Makefile, could you try changing "gcc" to "g++" and seeing if that fixes it?

• Hugo Lopez Fernandez

Thank you, I also have to use "pthread" instead of "lpthread" on line 1. Now, I can make socs.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel