Ok, sorry for the delay, but I managed to debug this a bit more, and talk with some salesforce devs.

It looks like what was mentioned in the bug is the problem, namely, SOAPAction:  is being sent, not SOAPAction: ""

I confirmed this with tcpmon. This holds true, even if the wsdl definition is <soap:operation soapAction=""/>. Apparently, the library used by sf is a little more stringent than most.

Thanks...

--peter

On 10/6/05, Ole Matzura <ole@eviware.com> wrote:
ok!

anyway, I filed a bug-report regarding the issue that soapui doesn't set
the header if is not specified in the wsdl;

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1314885&group_id=136013&atid=737763

let me know how it goes.. thanks for your help!

/Ole

Peter Morelli wrote:

>Ya, I'm using a pre-release version of the endpoint. I don't think
>you'll have access to it. I'll see if I can get an internal developer
>at sf to look at this, now that you've confirmed you are actually
>sending the empty string...
>
>I was doing login calls, and some getuserinfo...
>
>Thanks for your help.
>
>--peter
>
>On 10/6/05, Ole Matzura <ole@eviware.com> wrote:
>
>
>>hmm..
>>
>>I imported the wsdl and sent a login request to the
>>https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/6.0 endpoint which
>>returned an "INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username or password or
>>locked out." soap-fault.. seems to me that the soap-action was
>>validated ok..
>>
>>Also, when debugging the code I see that soapui sets the
>>header to an empty string (as defined in the wsdl)..
>>
>>so I wonder:
>>- what operation are you invoking?
>>- what endpoint are you using? (can I access it?)
>>
>>regards!
>>
>>/Ole
>>
>>---- Original message ----
>>
>>
>>>Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 23:34:26 -0700
>>>From: Peter Morelli <pmorelli@gmail.com>
>>>Subject: Re: [soapui-user] soapaction http header missing
>>>To: Ole Matzura < ole@eviware.com>
>>>Cc: soapui-user@lists.sourceforge.net
>>>
>>>Well, the fault I get back is no Soap action defined in HTTP
>>>
>>>
>>header..
>>
>>
>>>I think this is actually correct, since the soap spec requires a
>>>header, even just an empty string. Is soap ui not sending it
>>>
>>>
>>in this
>>
>>
>>>case (and that's the right wsdl, btw)?
>>>
>>>Thanks again for your help...
>>>
>>>--peter
>>>
>>>On 10/5/05, Ole Matzura <ole@eviware.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>ok.. I think I found it on sforce.com (enterprise.wsdl)..
>>>>
>>>>
>>I downloaded
>>
>>
>>>>the Java Getting Started Package [sforce 6.0] which
>>>>
>>>>
>>contained this
>>
>>
>>>>file.. looking at the soap/http binding for the Soap
>>>>
>>>>
>>portType reveals
>>
>>
>>>>that all operations have the soapAction set to "", ie from
>>>>
>>>>
>>the wsdl;
>>
>>
>>>>  <operation name="login">
>>>>            <soap:operation soapAction=""/>
>>>>            <input>
>>>>                <soap:body parts="parameters" use="literal"/>
>>>>            </input>
>>>>            <output>
>>>>                <soap:body use="literal"/>
>>>>            </output>
>>>>            <fault name="LoginFault">
>>>>               <soap:fault name="LoginFault" use="literal"/>
>>>>            </fault>
>>>>            <fault name="UnexpectedErrorFault">
>>>>               <soap:fault name="UnexpectedErrorFault"
>>>>
>>>>
>>use="literal"/>
>>
>>
>>>>            </fault>
>>>>        </operation>
>>>>
>>>>if this is the wsdl you used then there seems to be no
>>>>
>>>>
>>soapaction header
>>
>>
>>>>required..
>>>>
>>>>regards!
>>>>
>>>>/Ole
>>>>
>>>>/Ole
>>>>
>>>>Peter Morelli wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>When I loaded a salesforce.com <http://salesforce.com>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>wsdl, all the
>>
>>
>>>>>SOAPAction http headers are missing. Operation is filled
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>in, but not
>>
>>
>>>>>soapaction...
>>>>>
>>>>>--peter
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>
>
>