Menu

Installation Problems

Lisa
2014-06-06
2014-06-07
  • Lisa

Lisa - 2014-06-06

I'm trying to install SOAP but when I download the file SOAPdenovo2-src-r240-mac.tgz under r240 under the src folder (not the bin folder), what I actually get is a .tar file, not a .tgz file. If I extract it, I get two executable files, but when I actually try to run them, the terminal comes back and says that it can't execute a binary file. Why am I getting binary files when I downloaded from the src folder? I've tried everything I can think of, but in the end, it won't execute the binary file. Has anyone run into this before, or know what I might be missing?

Thank you for any advice you can give me, I'm stumped.

• Lisa

• Ruibang LUO

Ruibang LUO - 2014-06-07

Hi Lisa,

I've checked the file again, it's tgz. After extraction, you can see source codes and two compiled binaries SOAPdenovo-63mer and SOAPdenovo-127mer, you can also use command "make" to compile your own binaries. I've successfully ran the two binaries and compiled the codes on Mac OS 10.9.3.

Ruibang

On Jun 7, 2014, at 1:51 AM, Lisa taylorlm@users.sf.net wrote:

I'm trying to install SOAP but when I download the file SOAPdenovo2-src-r240-mac.tgz under r240 under the src folder (not the bin folder), what I actually get is a .tar file, not a .tgz file. If I extract it, I get two executable files, but when I actually try to run them, the terminal comes back and says that it can't execute a binary file. Why am I getting binary files when I downloaded from the src folder? I've tried everything I can think of, but in the end, it won't execute the binary file. Has anyone run into this before, or know what I might be missing?

Thank you for any advice you can give me, I'm stumped.

Lisa
      Installation Problems

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in https://sourceforge.net/p/soapdenovo2/discussion/general/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/