Menu

Small stuff

Openglad-e
2004-08-22
2004-08-23
  • Daniel Paul Hightower

Yea, this is mainly a small request that really isn't that important, but I thought I would bring up.

This is mainly for appearances and consistency, could you move the color definitions out of base.h and into colors.h sometime in the future?

It's kinda hard to imagine just wanting the color definitions in base.h without wanting those that are in colors.h ?

It's a small thing and no need to rush that when there are other problems that are more important to solve.

*goes back to doing more work on Jesse, having almost finished coding the Advanced Thumbnail function for maps*

• Sean Ford

Sean Ford - 2004-08-23

Yeah, I am sure the color stuff will be rearranged. The color definitions mostly refer to the color index of the palette, but since we are using a greater color depth, a single index is useless. I want to change it around so it involves RGB colors with a color class, or something like that. I actually added a simple color class into video.cpp and am using that for the team colors.

Actually, I just grepped the Openglad-e code and the definitions in colors.h aren't used any more.

• Daniel Paul Hightower

Hmm.

I actually prefer keeping track of colors in RGB format - it's easier to understand how to change the values to do what you want.

In Jesse, I'm sticking with colors from the original palette, just not necessarily doing things the way they were done.

I can appreciate you guys wanting more feedback, as I seem to be pulling teeth at times to get feedback on work on Jesse. :/ 

I'm hoping for any feedback on how Jesse is creating the thumbnails so I can pass word about people liking some changes in how the radar displays things. :-)  I won't ask you guys to change anything on the radar view that I already haven't done.