Menu

Any work of late on this?

Openglad-e
2008-07-11
2013-04-23
  • Jason Theriot

Jason Theriot - 2008-07-11

I was just wondering if anyone is still working on this project.  This is one of the best games ever made in my opinion.  It offers a lot of gameplay, replayability, and just overall FUN!  Also multiplayer is awesome.

What's the latest news on this project?  Thanks.

• Daniel Paul Hightower

I checked the CVS files the other day and yes, they are making progress on OpenGlad-E.  Currently, at a snail's pace, I'm working on a Java version of Gladiator.  Or rather, more specifically, right now, I'm working on bringing all the original graphic images into the program.  This isn't quite as easy as it sounds.

• Zardus

Zardus - 2008-07-11

The work's happening in the SVN repository nowadays. I think we left CVS on there because we were worried that disabling it would delete everything in it. Since then, we've thrown out all of our old code and started a complete rewrite, and things are progressing pretty smoothly now. Check out the SVN log to see what's up.

I gotta say that every time we slack a bit on working on Openglad, someone comes along and points out what a great legacy Gladiator/Openglad is. It really kicks us into gear when that happens :-)

• Jason Theriot

Jason Theriot - 2008-07-13

I'm really glad to hear this guys, as are other folks reading this, I'm sure.  Keep up the good work.  I'm going to be checking this every day see the updates.  Thanks again.

• Andre

Andre - 2008-11-14

How much progress has been made by now? and is there anyway that I could get involved or help out with openglad-e?