Menu

Open glad-e user mod freedom

Openglad-e
2005-07-01
2013-04-23
  • HomelessMan

HomelessMan - 2005-07-01

hey
    are you planning to allow users to balance the characters themselves?
    i have a lot of ideas, and personaly i dont like a lot of the ideas i am hearing.

spesificaly im talking about

importing and compiling frames for new unit (replacement) graphics

rebalancing the cost and effeness of abilitys
    redistributing and renaming current abilitys

also seperating abilitys from their "trigger" alternative for individual distribution.

i hope that you guys are taking it in this direction otherwise ill be pretty dissapointed.

• Sean Ford

Sean Ford - 2005-07-08

Being able to easily mod Openglad-e is very high on our todo list. Right now all the character stats and most of the specials can be changed editing Lua scripts.

All the graphics in Openglad-e are in the targa file format so  any graphic editor can be used to modify them.

However, progress has been slow for Openglad-e. Yan and I have a lot of cool ideas for it but have been busy with college and such. I am currently on summer break though so I am hopeing to get some work done to it.

Sean

• fuzinavl

fuzinavl - 2005-07-26

What about world tile size and character sizes? (character size is more important).  That'll let me see more of the world on-screen when I'm playing.

• Sean Ford

Sean Ford - 2005-07-27

It is unlikely the actual pixel size of the tiles and characters will change much. As far as seeing more of the world on-screen, that feature is already implemented in Openglad-e. You can play at higher resolutions that will allow you to see more of the game area. For example, you can play fullscreen at 1024x768 rez and see about 3 times more around you than original Gladiator/Openglad.

Actually, you can check out some screenshots at: http://snowstorm.sourceforge.net/screenshots/

The four player screenshot kind of shows off the increase screen resolution.

• Daniel Paul Hightower

I've already made a separate program (Jesse) that creates a thumbnail version of any gladiator map.

[Admittedly, I'm nowhere near close to getting stuff that I wanted to do to Jesse done by now.  Oh well.]