Epilog for *nix 1.5 (Linux and Unix, including Solaris) has been released. The major features of this release are:
- Glob support for file names (aka Wildcard support, only better)
- RHEL6 support
- Support for non-privileged use
Globbing is quite a powerful pattern matching tool for files, please checkout the following link for more details on how globbing works.
Here are a few quick hints to get you started:
- The '' character acts as a plain wildcard, matching zero or more characters, e.g. /data/filename.txt will match filename.txt and filename1234.txt
- The '?' character will match one and only one character, e.g. /data/filename?.txt will match filename1.txt, but NOT filename.txt or filename1234.txt
- Square brackets can be used to specify a character class (similar to a regular expression) that will match one character, e.g. filename_[a-z].txt will match filename_a.txt, but NOT filename_aa.txt or filename_1.txt
Any questions, head over to the forums and leave us a message.