Menu

Freeze at Autosave

Help
2023-02-05
2023-02-05
  • Justin Winokur

Justin Winokur - 2023-02-05

I am trying to sync, for the first time, about 8 tb. It proceeds normally but when it hits at autosave (set at 100) it then freezes. The logs show nothing. The output (with -v) show nothing. But I finally killed it at something like 6 hours.

Anything I can do to make this work? Anyway to see more of what is happening?

I am on macOS installed via homebrew.

• David

David - 2023-02-05

Have you tried turning it off? 100 seems very low.

• Justin Winokur

yes! The problem is the if its interupted, it starts again from scratch. And at 8Tb, thats a lot of wear.

• David

David - 2023-02-05

How often is it interupted

• Justin Winokur

It must have been pretty close last night but for some reason my computer restarted (I think it was OneDrive misbehaving but that is another story).

Today it was about a TB in when the drive unmounted for some reason. I am going to go with random fluke assuming it doesn't happen again.

I think it is worth noting that when it unmounted, I got a bunch of notifications. When it froze, the drive was very much still mounted the whole time and there was no notifications of any kind.

I am going to try again but this time, I am excluding a large data directory. Once that works, I am going to include it again and sync. At least this way I am not out all of it.

And even if (hopefully when) it doesn work, it would be nice to be able to do autosaves.

BTW, it is snapraid v12.2