Menu

Speed up driver install

Anonymous
2015-11-27
2015-12-02
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-11-27

I want to make SDI faster by unpacking all driver packs and indexes. How can I do this?
    Is it ok to just extract the drivers SnappyDrivers\drivers ? Or do I have to repack them all over again?

And is there a way to unpack the indexes? Or perform a pre-index of all drivers?

Below is my batch file ued to launch SDI and SDI.cfg
    Thank you

%~dp0SDI_x64.exe -nogui -license -norestorepnt -keepunpackedindex -autoinstall –autoclose -finishrb_cmd:Shutdown.exe -r -t 15

"-drp_dir:drivers"
    "-index_dir:indexes\SDI"
    "-output_dir:indexes\SDI\txt"
    "-data_dir:tools\SDI"
    "-log_dir:logs"

"-finish_cmd:"
    "-finishrb_cmd:Shutdown.exe"
    "-finish_upd_cmd:"

"-lang:"
    "-theme:Classic"
    -hintdelay:500
    -wndwx:800
    -wndwy:560
    -filters:1190

-port:50171
    -downlimit:0
    -uplimit:0
    -connections:0

-license -norestorepnt -showdrpnames2 -checkupdates 

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-11-29

Anyone? BadPointer, are you there?
    Please help.

• BadPointer

BadPointer - 2015-11-29

If you really want to repack driverpacks, you should make sure that Solid Block Size is set to "Non-solid". I'm not convinced that the time it takes to repack driverpacks will be worth it or save you time but you can give it a try.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-11-29

Right now it takes about 20-30 min to install all drivers in a laptop. It seems a lot.
    What about using them unpacked?

• BadPointer

BadPointer - 2015-11-29

You can try to use them unpacked but SDI will need to reindex all drivers each time you run SDI unless you specify -keepunpackedindex.
    I never tested this use case, so I don't know if SDI will be able to work with this setup.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-12-02

I've used the -keepunpackedindex parameter but SDI continues to index the drivers. And it takes a lot of time

Last edit: Anonymous 2015-12-02