Building databases with Kexi and OpenOffice

2005-09-14
2013-04-09
  • Nobody/Anonymous

If you asked most Linux users which Windows applications they want to be able to use, Microsoft Access would probably come in at the bottom of the list. However, there are also many people who consider it to be a useful and important rapid application development (RAD) tool. Now Linux users have a couple of good Access alternatives -- KDE's Kexi and OpenOffice.org Base Version 2.

read more:

http://software.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=05/09/08/1411256&from=rss

• PJ Cabrera

PJ Cabrera - 2005-09-15

Kexi can use MySQL for its database, so this might be the visual tool the database class needs. Alejandro, are you reading this?

Also, Kexi runs on Windows and can connect to MySQL Windows and MySQL Linux instances.

• PJ Cabrera

PJ Cabrera - 2005-09-15

I just learned this from the Kexi page, so I don't know how complete the support for MySQL is. But it's worth a try.

• Bullet Boy

Bullet Boy - 2005-09-15

As a matter of fact PJ, i am. This is 2 cool, thanx 4 the news, i sure appreciate it, i'm gonna talk 2 Rodriguez about it and hopefully we'll make something out of it, i know i will!.

• PJ Cabrera

PJ Cabrera - 2005-09-15

Cool, glad you're reading.

BTW, bring your PSP to the lab on Friday at 4 if you can make it. We're having a PSP party with lots of multiplayer games. :-)

• Bullet Boy

Bullet Boy - 2005-09-16

I'm not gonna B able 2 make it, man. I'm going to the Priest concert with my cousin and i gotta B @ his house right about that time, no worries, after friday i'm not gonna miss any game parties anymore, i'm gonna put on the Bullet Belt 2day and the leather jacket 'cause...THE PRIEST IS BACK!!

• PJ Cabrera

PJ Cabrera - 2005-09-16

Go, Bullet Boy, go! :-)

Enjoy the concert. Let us know how it went!

• Nobody/Anonymous

Just finished downloading Kexi, both Linux and Windows versions, i'm psyched about using it, it looks pretty awesome.

Deckard

• Nobody/Anonymous

Cool! Let us know how it works for you.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks