#50 fix for bug ID: 2854097 incorrect osd string encoding

closed
nobody
None
5
2009-11-07
2009-11-06
No

Mplayers slave command osd_show_text assumes that text to display is encoded in utf8.

While writting command to slave process smplayer uses QString::toLocal8Bit() on this string
which will work on systems with utf8 locale. However it brakes when locale is non-utf8
and the text in OSD display is garbled. This patch fixes this situation making sure that
text is passed to slave process in utf8 encoding no matter what locale is used on users system.

Discussion

  • Ricardo Villalba

    • status: open --> closed
     
  • Ricardo Villalba

    I didn't know that the command osd_show_text expected the string in utf8. The mplayer documentation doesn't say anything about...

    I fixed it in a more generic way in r3312. Thanks :)

     

Log in to post a comment.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:

JavaScript is required for this form.





No, thanks