SMPlayer is a complete front-end for MPlayer, from basic features like playing videos, DVDs, VCDs to more advanced features like support for MPlayer filters, edl lists, and more.
Most important changes since 0.6.3:
* Now the dialog to find subtitles can also download the subtitle file and
load it in smplayer automatically.
* (Linux) The black screen problem when using Compiz should really be fixed
* Added support for encoding autodetection for subtitle files. Requires a
mplayer compiled with enca support.
* (Linux) Now it's possible to choose the audio device to be used with alsa
(needs the application "aplay").
* (Windows) Now it's possible to choose the audio device to be used with
* (Windows) The menu Video->Screen displays now the actual available screens
with their names.
* Added the possibility to add consecutive files (video_01.avi, video_02.avi..)
automatically to the playlist.
* Bugfix: logout is not cancelled by smplayer.
* Now the options in preferences display a tooltip with a help message.
* Now it's possible to change the video track.
* Added the Galician translation.
Log in to post a comment.