As the summary implies; if I open smplayer with 'smplayer smb://hostname/share/filename.extension', the file plays. The mplayer I use I compiled myself with --enable-smb (or something to that extent) used when configuring. However, when I open smplayer and try to open the same file via the menus, I get *several* error messages about only being able to play local files, while obviously mplayer can play it remotely. ;3
I run Kubuntu 9.04, with smplayer package version 0.6.8-1~jaunty2 from the rvm launchpad ppa, if that matters.
Additionally, while I'm not sure this is something inherent to KDE or to smplayer, if I open the same file in Dolphin (over samba, still), it insists on downloading the file from the share before opening it.
Log in to post a comment.