SMBNetFS is a Linux/FreeBSD filesystem that allow you to use samba/microsoft
network in the same manner as the network neighborhood in Microsoft Windows.
- Linux-2.6 supported (Linux-2.4 and FreeBSD >= 6.0 ???)
- you can use Samba/Microsoft network as a regular unix filesystem
- workgroup/computer/share entries are dynamically created
- windows domain supported
- user defined workgroup/link/hosts are supported
- national character supported
- in config files you can specify different user/password to access different
- you can access any computer in the world by "cd mountpoint/ip-addr"
command, where "ip-addr" is the IP address of the desired computer. Do not
warry that there is no file with such name :-)
- command "cd mountpoint/username:password@computer_or_ip" allows you to
access "computer_or_ip" as user "username" with password "password"
(this is insecure, but usefull)
- the program is multithreaded, so simultaneous access to a file/share
- config files are reloaded every 5 min or by SIGHUP signal
Mikhail Kshevetskiy <Mikhail _dot_ Kshevetskiy _at_ gmail _dot_ com>