From: Bruce Allen <ballen@gr...> - 2004-02-13 00:05:42
smartmontools 5.27 has been released, at:
This is an EXPERIMENTAL release of smartmontools. The next stable
version (5.28) will be released as soon as the 5.27 version has been
sufficiently tested. Please report any problems with the 5.27 release to
the smartmontools-support mailing list.
Major features of this release include:
- NetBSD support added
- A new Directive (-s) for smartd.conf now enables flexible automatic
scheduled self-testing for both ATA and SCSI devices.
- Solaris now has ATA device support (SPARC only)
- A new Directive (-n) for smartd.conf to avoid spinning up disks
- Errors when smartd sends mail are now logged to SYSLOG
- Solaris smartd mail now works correctly (uses mailx not mail)
See the Change Log at the URL above for changes from the stable 5.26
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.