I have a problem statement to make for which I would like your opinions
Let's say I want to build a software distribution and patch management
system,The system should be able to :
* Install a bunch of software packages to a thousand nodes in the
* Control their life cycle (start,stop,restart etc)
* Keep track of the versions of the software on each of the machines
* Ability to selectively update a bunch of nodes
* ability to kill a bunch of nodes (say in case of a virus attack)
* Measure some parameters on each of the machines
Now,by looking at some of the examples given in the download kit I can
see that these requirements are achievable,What I would like to ask is
whether someone has tried doing something similar?can u givr me any
ideas on how u went abt doing it?what are the possible problems that may
come up?wherein lie the difficulties?
Thanks in advance,
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.