I don’t have/use vmware server but I use vmware workstation and this is what I do to make sure that the vms can locate each other:
1. Configure VMWare
- Set up VMWare networking to use *only* the NAT/DHCP service (VMNet8)
disable the other network services
2. Configure windows/linux networking (in host and vms)
- Set ip/name in every vm os according to the table bellow.
- Add the following to the Windows HOSTS file
- Add the following to the linux HOSTS file
Once you have finished test with nslookup to see is all the machines can reach the others.
Then everything should work.
Please, let me know if this works for you on VMWServer or if you need more detailed instructions.