From: Thomas Schultz <tststs@gm...> - 2004-10-07 00:09:25
I just released slrn 0.9.8.1. It mainly includes a bunch of bugfixes that I
wanted to make available before diving into the transition to slang-2. As
always, please get it from our download page:
Here's the full list of changes since slrn 0.9.8.0:
0. Bug fixes include:
* slrnpull's download statistics should work correctly in offline mode.
* slrn crashed on some operating systems when posting.
* slrn crashed when trying to decode base64 encoded articles without body.
* Don't destroy soft links / multiple hard links when writing newsrc file.
* Always apply scoring rules in the order given in the scorefile.
* When reading cross-posts, slrn sometimes marked additional articles in
the other group(s) as read (Joerg Lueders).
* slrnpull no longer posts backup copies (*~) of files you edited manually
in the out.going directory.
* slrnpull tries to write .headers files on interrupts.
* The "Has-Body" scoring field sometimes did not work correctly.
* When retrieving article children, headers without body were not marked.
* Ignore signature delimiters in verbatim text blocks.
* Do not choke on long header lines when replying by email.
* A workaround for a bug in INN caused problems with leafnode; only use it
when the server was recognized as INN from the logon message.
* Fixed crash when running in wide terminals (John E. Davis)
* Email address parser is more RFC2822 compliant
1. In the config file (and the corresponding intrinsic functions), the
following names now denote special function keys: <PageUp> <PageDown>
<Up> <Down> <Right> <Left> <Delete> <BackSpace> <Insert> <Home> <End>
<Enter> <Return> <Tab> <Space> <Esc> and <F1> through <F12>
If using these names does not seem to work for you, please make sure your
terminfo settings are correct.
2. In true offline mode, slrnpull can now automatically retrieve bodies of
articles that get a high score value (--fetch-score option).
3. Added Swedish translation (Johan Svedberg)
4. Make hide_pgpsignature hide GnuPGs optional "NotDashEscaped" lines.
Thomas Schultz <tststs@...> News on slrn: http://slrn.sf.net/news.html
..-----------------------------. [2003-08-25] Released slrn 0.9.8.0
| Home of the slrn newsreader | [2003-08-19] New slrn FAQ available
| http://slrn.sourceforge.net | [2003-07-31] First beta with offline reading
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.