From: Brian Carrier <carrier@sl...> - 2013-09-19 01:08:58
Early (i.e. discounted) registration for the 4th Annual Open Source Digital Forensics Conference (OSDFCon) ends on friday. Register now for the reduced rate:
OSDFCon will be held on Nov 5 in Chantilly, VA (near Dulles airport). There are hands-on workshops the day before and 2 days of Autopsy 3 training afterwards. Attend this unique event to learn about open source tools directly from the developers and provide feedback on needed features. With budgets decreasing, knowing about cost effective tools is always important. You'll also get to vote on the winner of the Autopsy 3 Module Writing Competition.
This event is free for government employees.
The program of this conference was chosen by the community and has talks on the following topics:
- Forensics Visualizations by Simson Garfinkel
- Volatility memory forensics by the Volatility team
- Autopsy 3 by Brian Carrier
- Plaso timelines by Kristinn Gudjonsson
- Malware analysis talks from Salvador “Grecs” Grec and Tyler Hudak
- ... many more including search, triage, and hardware write blockers.
- DEFT Linux CD
- Triage using MantaRay
- Incident Response with GRR
- Malware analysis
- Autopsy module development
- Plaso module development
The full schedule of the event at the conference location is as follows:
- Nov 4: Tutorials and the Open Memory Forensics Workshop (https://www.volatilesystems.com/default/omfw)
- Nov 5: OSDFCon
- Nov 6-7: Autopsy 3 Training
Register now to reserve your spot.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.