Menu

How to use ZAXIS projection

Help
2020-05-15
2020-05-19
  • Anton Bredenbeck

Hi,

I was wandering which parameters need to be set to produce results using the ZAXIS projection using the /bin/scan_red program. I made the following call:

/bin/scan_red -s 0 -e 0 -f uosr -R -t RIEGL -p ZAXIS -m 180 -w 180 -F JPEG -O ./my/output/path/ ./path/to/data/wue_city

This produces only a completely black image for me. The minimal and maximal FOV angles are more or less a wild guess, however changing this to different values also doesn't yield better results.

I'm assuming that I'm forgetting to set some parameter that I'm not aware of. Might this be the case?

Thanks for any help!

Best,

Anton

Last edit: Anton Bredenbeck 2020-05-16
  • Dorit Borrmann

Dorit Borrmann - 2020-05-16

Hi Anton,

are you talking about scan_to_panorama or scan_red?
    If you are talking about scan_to_panorama:

First, please update to the current revision (2223). I just committed a small bug-fix for the ZAXIS projection method that removes hard coded limits in the code.

Second, "-m 180 -w 180" sets the minimum and maximum horizontal angles to 180 degrees, resulting in a FOV of 0 degrees. "-m 0 -w 360" should lead to better results.

Best regards,

Dorit

• Anton Bredenbeck

This was indeed the solution. For anyone reading this in the future, don't forget to compile after updating as I did.