I currently use this plugin to connect to Reuters Messenger using Adium 1.5.9. Recently I upgraded my mac from SL to Mavericks and since then Adium always appears as offline to everybody - even tho I am online and can send messages. Once I have sent a message to someone - they can reply, in all other circumstances their clients simply say I am offline. If I login using my windows client (the native TR app), and then log back in to adium - I will appear as online for a while, but after a period (haven't figured out what that period is), adium will start using 150% of my CPU and I will again appear as offline to everyone.
If anyone can help regarding this - it would be highly appreciated.
Anyone have any ideas?
Start adium in debug mode and get some logs, please?
Thanks for coming back to me. Attached is the log of me changing my status from available to away and back again. In both instances I always appear offline to colleagues.
Looks like your server does not understand SIPE's status update messages:
MESSAGE START >>>>>>>>>> SIP - 2014-02-17T12:57:03.380435Z
SERVICE sip:***USERNAMEfirstname.lastname@example.org SIP/2.0
CSeq: 1 SERVICE
User-Agent: Purple/2.10.7 Sipe/1.18.0 (macosx-x86_64; )
MESSAGE START <<<<<<<<<< SIP - 2014-02-17T12:57:03.428508Z
SIP/2.0 504 Server Time-out
CSeq: 1 SERVICE
Original-Error: Unknown service command s
I guess SIPE is no longer compatible to Reuters Messaging. You'll need to downgrade to the SIPE version which you were using before upgrading to Mavericks.
Thanks for the update Stefan. Not sure why it is no longer compatible as it worked with SL (I dropbox my adium2.0 library folder (so plugins etc) for use across machines). When I updated to Mavericks - all I simply did as symlink the DB folder back to the library - so I would have expected it to work. Will try the older version
Well have exactly the same problem and downgrade didnt work :(
I see everyone offline, but ppl see me, online.. even groupchat works etc.. any suggestions?
well no solution for this one?
oh and for me its not adium but pidgin
Sparhawk: you're describing a different issue than the original poster. Your debug log seems like it isnt go through autodiscovery correctly. Try putting in the correct email services URL manually in options
Sparhawk: yes, your problem is completely different and you shouldn't have used this thread at all. Your log shows that you have the same problem as discussed in [d21ebf11].
Your Office 365 account has a contact list that has been migrated to UCS. UCS requires EWS to work, but the log shows that EWS autodiscover fails for your account (18.104.22.168:80 i.e. autodiscover-emeacentral.outlook.com:80 connects but doesn't answer your request). BTW: that also means that your calendar information isn't published, i.e. other Lync users won't see when you are busy.
I can think of three reasons why EWS autodiscover isn't working:
All further discussions will happen in [d21ebf11].
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.