Menu

Can't login to 3 different Lync accounts. What am I missing here?

Help
2016-08-01
2016-08-20
  • Billy Romano

Billy Romano - 2016-08-01

I have 3 different Lync accounts between 3 different companies. I have a Mac and use the normal Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011 and can login successfully to all 3 using that program. However, I can not login to anyone of those with the SIP/SIMPLE, and OfficeCommunicator plugin for Adium. Can anyone give me some tips on what I need to do? I've followed the FAQ's and documentation for every possible way to login and I still cant get it to work.

• Stefan Becker

Stefan Becker - 2016-08-02

I highly doubt that you can get the SIP/SIMPLE plugin to login to any Lync account, because it doesn't have the necessary M$ extensions.

How about a debug log from Adium using the SIPE plugin?

• Billy Romano

Billy Romano - 2016-08-19

I couldn't get anything to trace in the console log for errors and I don't know what the server name is to use for connecting to the lync service for my work. Basically, you're telling me that there's no way to use the Lync for Mac service through Adium? Which would also be, Skype/Skype for business wouldn't work either? It would make life so much easier if I could use Lync through Adium, because the Lync app is terrible and then I have 3 accounts I'd like to use at once : /

• Stefan Becker

Stefan Becker - 2016-08-20

Of course you should be able to use Adium for Lync by using the SIPE plugin. I was just telling you that you won't be able to do it with the default SIP/SIMPLE plugin.

I guess you didn't switch Adium to debug mode, see the FAQ for details. Unless you share the debug logs nobody will be able to help you with your problem.