Pidgin is connected, and I can search for contacts. but the buddy list is empty and all found users show up as offline. I get the following message over and over again in the debug log
Any Idea on how to fix this?
MESSAGE START >>>>>>>>>> HTTP - 2014-02-11T09:26:36.656671Z
POST /Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml HTTP/1.1
Authorization: Basic *************************************
<Autodiscover xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/autodiscover/outlook/requestschema/2006"> <Request> <EMailAddress>XXX.XXX@service.XXX.com</EMailAddress> <AcceptableResponseSchema>http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/autodiscover/outlook/responseschema/2006a</AcceptableResponseSchema> </Request></Autodiscover>
MESSAGE END >>>>>>>>>> HTTP - 2014-02-11T09:26:36.656671Z
MESSAGE START <<<<<<<<<< HTTP - 2014-02-11T09:26:36.744091Z
HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
WWW-Authenticate: Basic Realm=""
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 09:26:46 GMT
MESSAGE END <<<<<<<<<< HTTP - 2014-02-11T09:26:36.744091Z
(10:26:36) sipe: sipe_http_request_response_unauthorized: init context target 'HTTP/autodiscover-s.outlook.com' token 'Realm=""'
Office 365 doesn't accept your authentication (Basic is Base64-encoded user:passwd). Maybe you have a different password for email?
If autodiscover fails then you can set the parameters by hand in the Advanced tab of the account settings.
No I use the same password for mail and lync. it used to work fine before the EWS feature came into SIPE. All other authentication works actually.
If I set the login extra in advanced to something wrong at least the spamming stops, but I still get no online status for users. I can actually chat with everybody and can find new contacts. but I don't get an online status and the if I do not supply a wrong login name in advanced tab it spams autodiscover.
Can it be that the autodiscover needs a nother authorization? We are using a company identity server for office 365. or that the user agent SIPE is not good?
or do we need to set the Realm?
You have Office365 and your contact list has moved to UCS: so you will need EWS. EWS autodiscover goes to outlook.com, which only offers Basic auth (it's not in your intranet and TLS-DSK doesn't work with HTTP). Your password is rejected by outlook.com, that's all I can say from the log excerpt.
Try to contact Office365 support and make sure that your account is correct. Something is clearly wrong there.
Or your company's EWS autodiscover setup is incorrect, i.e. it should find an internal EWS instead of the one provided by outlook.com
Ok I had to use the default url
explicitly state my email as user and login and retype the password although it is the same, now it works.
Seems to me though the only thing I should be needing is the login (which is different it seems) and I shouldn't need to retype email and password, they didn't change and I don't know why I need to type the URL....
Anyway, thanks it works now ;-)
The EWS autodiscover setup is clearly broken for your account, for whatever reason. By specifying the URL the EWS autodiscover is skipped completely.
While this doesn't help with your broken EWS autodiscover, I have figured out a way to prevent the endless request/401/request/... loop when Basic authentication scheme is rejected by a server (git commit db58f80)
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.