Menu

Toolbar not visible

Anonymous
2016-10-27
2017-04-20
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-10-27

When first opening on Windows 10 the toolbar is not visible. See image. If I minimize then restore the bar is back. Is there more information I can provide? Thank you. Randy Jones

Last edit: Anonymous 2016-10-27
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-10-30

I also experience this behavior in Windows 10 x64 across multiple PC's

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-12-22

I have the same Windows 7 x64. is there an icon pack needed to be loaded?

• Kurtis Liggett

Kurtis Liggett - 2016-12-22

You don't need any icons. Something else is going on..
    Is this happening with the latest 2.8 b4?

Last edit: Kurtis Liggett 2016-12-22
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-12-22

I saw this on Windows 10 and 8.1 as well, with 2.7. I noticed it only happened when I have "Startup in System Tray" checked in settings. The application does NOT start in the system tray, but openes the window normally, and missing the icons. If I do not have the option checked, it starts normally with the icons working. I have not tried anything newer than v2.7

• Kurtis Liggett

Kurtis Liggett - 2016-12-28

Thanks for the detailed response! It led me right to the problem.
    The latest beta version (2.8 b5) should have this issue resolved. Let me know if it is not fixed.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2017-02-15

in beta version(2.8 b5) I have still the problem. When I check up "Startup in the system tray" it starts in system tray. When I doubleclick on the .exe file again, the application opens without visible icons. (win7 SP1 x64).

I have the second problem, that the ip adress can only be typed in groups with 2 numbers (00.00.00.00). Groups with 3 numbers (000.000.000.000) are not possible. Is there a possible problem with the screen resolution or font size of windows?

• Kurtis Liggett

Kurtis Liggett - 2017-02-20

Could you post a screenshot of the IP address issue?
      Do you have the screen text size set to 100%? (this can be found in Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display)
      What is your screen resolution?
      Could you give me the model of laptop or monitor you are using?

It is most certainly a scaling issue for high DPI screens.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2017-04-20

I have come across both problems above in 2.8b5.
    On SOME occasions SOME of the icons are not there at startup. However moving the mose pointer over that area quickly displays the missing icons.
    Also experience only able to type in 2 digits in some of the IP address boxes.I get a beep when attempting to type a third digit e.g.172. I did get around this by saving the profile and editing profile.ini with the proper address, so at least its working for me.
    Also when the prog is minimised to the tray, right click and select About from the menu. Nothing appears to happen but clicking on the main prog window menu, the SImple IP config 2.8b5 goes grey and then clicking anything you just get a beep,no matter where you select. The only way to exit is to right click on the tray icon and select exit.
    I have also experienced issues creating and deleting profiles on 2.7 and 2.8b5. I don't want to screw up my working setup, but I can recreate a new instance and detail for you.
    Happy to spend some time delving into these over the weekend.
    Windows 10 64bit , 24" monitor, resolution 1600 x 1200

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2017-04-20

Follwing on from my last post a minute ago. I noticed I had scaling on my text and it would appear you are correct, as turning of the scaling allows 3 digits to be entered in the IP dialogue box. However I need the scaling in order to see the text (:-) JK

• Kurtis Liggett

Kurtis Liggett - 2017-04-20

Can you tell me what the scaling settings were when it worked and what you normally have it set to?

• Kurtis Liggett

Kurtis Liggett - 2017-04-20

If you could, please try this v2.8b6.
    I've been away from the program for a while, so I don't know exactly what I fixed, but I can tell I made some adjustments for the IP address input. I think the About popup works properly now as well. I'm not sure if the icons issue is resolved yet.
    Please report back once you've tried out the new version.
    Thanks!

• Kurtis Liggett

Kurtis Liggett - 2017-04-22

If someone with the toolbar/icon issue could test out this latest update (v2.8 b7), please give feedback.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel