1. Dll files (msvcrt.dll and msvcp60.dll) both from
0.9.3 sim distributive and from CVS are corrupt.
Widnows does not think that they are dll files at all.
2. When I tried to install sim on recently installed
win98, it refused to work at all becouse msvcp60.dll is
3. On my current win98 desktop sim starts well, but it
crashed when I tried to write log file (sim -d7). Error
was in msvcrt.dll. As far as I understand it happend
cose my msvsct.dll was old(v. 5.00.7128)
4. Problems 2 and 3 were solved by intalling "Microsoft
Libraries Update" from here:
and some other dll wich is not important for sim, as
far as i guessed.
5. Also problems 2 and 3 can be solved just by placing
instead of the files that were in WINDOWS\SISTEM
directory after sim installation(I tested it on another
win98 recently installed instance)
6. That is why I offer to replace Msvcrt.dll and
msvcp60.dll from CVS with that ones that I got from
Microsoft Libraries Update, and I hope after that sim
would work correctly on any win98 desktop.
I've put this files here:
Log in to post a comment.