From: Uwe Hermann <uwe@he...> - 2012-04-17 13:59:15
we're happy to announce three new sigrok-related releases:
- libsigrok 0.1.0 (hardware driver + input/output formats lib)
- libsigrokdecode 0.1.0 (protocol decoder lib + various decoders)
- sigrok-cli 0.3.0 (command-line tool, now using above libs)
Please check the individual NEWS files and/or the git log for details,
see http://sigrok.org/wiki/Releases, for example.
Downloads of the source code tarballs: http://sigrok.org/wiki/Downloads
I'll be creating updated Debian/Ubuntu packages soon, we welcome further
packages for other Linux distributions, or for FreeBSD, and so on.
Please keep in mind though, that the lib APIs are still very new and will
probably change a few times in the nearer future. The SO versions will be
updated accordingly though, to not cause any issues for distros.
Thanks to everyone who helped to make all the new features, supported
hardware, and bugfixes possible!
The major focus for the last few months was protocol decoder support and
getting the libs in a good shape. We already have various protocol decoders
written in Python (>= 3.0) you can test, and we eagerly await your
contributions of more decoders for protocols you're interested in.
Currently supported are: dcf77, mx25lxx05d, i2s, spi, edid, pan1321, mlx90614,
rtc8564, transitioncounter, usb, i2cdemux, i2c, i2cfilter, uart.
A few others are being worked on, including Wii Nunchuk, LPC, others.
The next bigger steps in sigrok development include (but are not limited to):
- Getting some usable Windows support and Windows installers.
While the installers are mostly finished already, there are still many
portability issues to fix in sigrok and 3rd-party libraries.
The current release(s) thus, do not yet feature usable Windows support.
- Getting one or more GUIs into a usable state.
We currently have a Qt-based and a GTK+-based GUI that are being worked
on, neither is really usable, yet, though (consider them alpha-software).
Help with the GUIs and/or additional contributed (special-purpose) GUIs
are welcome too, of course!
- Support for analog signals, e.g. from oscilloscopes, multimeters, and such.
- Performance and functionality improvements for the protocol decoder
- Adding support for new logic analyzers (many are on our TODO list,
see wiki), new input/output file formats, new protocol decoders...
Have fun testing the new releases! Feedback welcome!
Uwe & Bert.
http://hermann-uwe.de | http://sigrok.orghttp://randomprojects.org | http://unmaintained-free-software.org