Menu

install notes jboss + mysql

Help
Aziz
2017-03-28
2017-03-31
  • Aziz

Aziz - 2017-03-28

Installed signserver from source and encountered couple of minor things, maybe it will help someone else

1 ) followed installation manual and used jboss 6.4 EAP + mysql db. After step 4 (register the driver) somehow my jboss was not picking the mysql driver. when started jboss was giving warning below, and the next step (configuring the datasource) was failing.

JBAS010487: Unable to find driver class name in "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" jar

after struggling with it, I found that altering $JBOSS_HOME/standalone/configuration/standalone.xml a little fixes the problem. I altered section below :

<drivers>
    <driver name="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" module="com.mysql">
    <driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
    <xa-datasource-class>com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlXADataSource</xa-datasource-class>
    </driver>
    </drivers>

there I added the <driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class> line. restarted jboss and warning was gone, and I was able to proceed

2) in signserver_deployment.properties, there's a comment

# Application server home folder
    #Default: $APPSRV_HOME or $JBOSS_HOME

comment above in signserver_deployment.properties suggests that JBOSS_HOME willl be picked as application server home folder by default, but it did not. Had to set it explicitly as

appserver.home=${env.JBOSS_HOME}

• Markus Kilås

Markus Kilås - 2017-04-09

Hi Aziz,

Thank you for sharing!

1)
    That is interesting. I checked with mine EAP 6 standalone.xml but I don't have that driver-class specified under the driver. On the other hand I have a driver-class specified in the datasource.

2) I can confirm the issue. This is a regression from earlier as we used to support JBOSS_HOME environment variable but nowdays always use APPSRV_HOME. I registered https://jira.primekey.se/browse/DSS-1380 for the issue but I'm thinking of simply removing the comment above JBOSS_HOME and suggest APPSRV_HOME be used instead.

Cheers,
    Markus
    PrimeKey Solutions