[SignServer] Documentation Update for PDFSigner

Help
SMVN
2021-08-03
2021-12-17
  • SMVN

SMVN - 2021-08-03

Hello,

I'm checking the documentation of SignServer, there are two sources provided by PrimeKey.

1. From the internet: https://doc.primekey.com/signserver/
    2. From my SignServer instance: https://localhost:8443/signserver/doc/Workers_Page.html

The problem is now i'm getting some diffences between these two sources related to PDFSigner:

From the internet source, I still see the Request Metadata is available for PDFSigner (see the attachment). I still can see the value of REASON, LOCATION... are available for Request Metadata
    From my SignServer instance (I'm using Version: 5.5.0), Request Metadata is inaccessible. The only one available attribute is pdfPassword

I think that the version from internet is not up to date with the one I got from my SignServer instance. So I guess the Request Metadata for attributes such as: REASON, LOCATION is no longer available in Version 5.5.0

1. Can someone help to confirm that part? Even the pdfPassword I set for my Signing request in Version 5.5.0, it doesn't work. But for FILE_TYPE of MSAuthenticodeSigner, it still works. It makes me confuse that it is an issue of 5.5.0.
    2. May i know the reason why Primekey decided to remove these properties from PDFSigner Request Metadata?

Thanks for reading!!!

• SMVN

SMVN - 2021-08-30

Can someone from PK can answer this question?

Today, i tried SignServer 5.7 and realized that these properties are available in PDFSigner Request Metadata. It is really strange when it is added and removed over release versions

• Tomas Gustavsson

I think this is only an issue with the documentation, the features are not added/removed between versions.

• Markus Kilås

Markus Kilås - 2021-12-17

Those request metadata properties where introduced for the PDFSigner in SignServer 5.7.0.Final and did not exist before that.

If you did not select a version on doc.primekey.com it will display the documentation for the latest version while the local documantion will be for that version you have.

Cheers,
    Markus