Menu

Consolidating interfaces into one graph

Help
Chris L
2005-09-09
2013-04-08
  • Chris L

Chris L - 2005-09-09

Is it possible with SICM to add together the values of a set of interfaces to produce a graphs showing the sum of the usage?  Example - I have several dual-nic servers, and I'd like to produce one traffic graph for both ports.  Or say add up all the interface counters for a switch and graph the total usage of the switch.

• Thomas Price

Thomas Price - 2005-09-10

In the template file (template.xml), each <metric> has a "plot". To stack the traffic values, use plot="AREA" or "LINE?" for the first value, then use plot="STACK" for the subsequent values.
      Refer to "Template File Setup" for more information.

regards
      Thomas

• phoenixweasel

phoenixweasel - 2005-12-13

How do you define multiple interfaces in the metric oid tho?

If I only have the 1 int variable, how do I define a second or more int variable so I can stack, say outOctets, over multiple interfaces?

Or do you have to hard-code the oids? That would be a bummer since I'd want to do this in multiple places, so a variable driven one would be ideal.

• Thomas Price

Thomas Price - 2005-12-16

The current limitation of only 1 interface per graph has arisen a number of times, also I have been thinking of a solution to overcome this for a while (the challenge is to add flexibility while keeping SICM 'simple'). It is added to the list of feature requests for SICM v1.0. Will aim for a release 1Q2006.

regards
      Thomas