Install do not work...

Help
Anonymous
2004-01-11
2013-03-27
  • Anonymous - 2004-01-11

I would like to try your sofware ShopCms but I cannot install it.
    I always receive the follwing message :
    - DBI Connect ('database=shopcms;host=localhost;','user',...) failed: Can'tconnect to MYSQL server on 'localhost'(10061) at cmsshop/cgi-bin/shopcms/install.cgi line 35
    Would you help me please!...
    Best regards, Henri.....

• Brian S. Craigie

The software is buggy, and localhost is hardcoded instead of being parameterised.  Since my database is on a different server from my cgi pages, I got this same error.

What I did was to edit cgi-bin/shopcms/config.txt and create a new line:

db_server=mydbhost.mydomain.com

Edit DBI.pm in the cgi-bin/shopcms/Freedom folder.

After the line:-
      my $db_username = $config_hash{'db_username'};
      add a new line:
      my $db_server = $config_hash{'db_server'};

Then change:-
      "dbi:$db_driver:database=$db_name;host=localhost;"
      to
      "dbi:$db_driver:database=$db_name;host=$db_server;"

Then edit htdocs/shopcms/public.php and replace 'localhost' with:
      config_one('db_server')
      (line 17 I think)

Then search all the files for the work 'localhost' and replace 'localhost' with
      config_one('db_server')
      wherever you find it (if you find any - I made so many other changes I can't remember if there were any other localhosts).

Check in the config.txt that you have the correct values set for db_name, db_username and db_password to match your database.  You may have to run the mysql createdatabase command if your ISP (or you) have not done that already (my ISP already had created a database, and I wasn't allowed to create another).

I spent all day figuring it out.  The documentation is very minimal (and wrong) isn't it ?
      For example admin, public and install should all have .cgi on the end wherever you see them in the document.

I hope that helps you.  If I find out any other useful info, I'll post it in this forum.

Brian

• bluemoon

bluemoon - 2007-12-06

What do I put for db_driver?  My host didn't give me an answer.  I just put the db_name and db_password (added that field) but don't know what the driver is.

Also, I'm not sure what to put for the cookie IP. Do I put my general host IP in there? 

Please advise. Thanks.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks