Calendar Publishing/Central Database

RA Cohen
2007-11-02
2013-04-11
  • RA Cohen

RA Cohen - 2007-11-02

I am trying to use the Win32 Evolution client as groupware in a small company. The server is FreeBSD (no MS Exchange) and I've tried everything, including dav to get these calendars working from anywhere but the individual workstation -- no luck at all. Matter of fact, the publishing location button is greyed out so I cannot even submit the information. Can someone help me out? Many thanks in advance.

• Danbo

Danbo - 2007-11-02

I hate to tell you bur Evolution on Windows has a long way to go before you can use it in a production setting. I tried the same thing using WebDAV as a means of storing a calendar and no luck. I don't think function is built into the windows version of Evolution. You might want to use Linux and  Linux Evolution at this office if it is not too intrusive......

• RA Cohen

RA Cohen - 2007-11-02

I guess that was my suspicion...I've tried everything now, phpgroupware, egroupware, opengroupware...nothing really satisfactory. It is a windows shop (except for the servers) so my options are limited.

Thank you,
      Roy

• Jeremy Jackson

Jeremy Jackson - 2007-11-02

You might try Funambol/sync4j Outlook connector, for win32 machines, and/or Tbird connector

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks