evolution-exchange-storage crashes

2009-08-04
2013-04-11
  • pier eleven

pier eleven - 2009-08-04

"evolution-exchange-storage.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."

it happens soon after Evolution start.

I do not use Exchange, I use IMAP.

v2.26.2, Win XP SP2

Is there an option to disable Exchange functionality so not run unneeded process on my PC?
    To my mind it should not start if I did not configure Exchange account.

The crash gives bad initial impression of otherwise very powerful product.
    Thanks for your work on Windows port.

• Volo

Volo - 2009-10-06

got same issue on WinXP SP3 with MS Outlook running and MSExchange server connection. no Exchange account was configured for Evolution though. are there any workarounds to go from that?

• Volo

Volo - 2009-10-06

also getting a total Evolution crash trying to create new appointment.

• turbotafano

turbotafano - 2009-10-28

Same problem here, after 2 minutes evolution-exchange-storage.exe crashes and until I reload evolution, I have no access to my exchange messages.
    Is there any workaround? I like evolution much better than outlook and I'd like to stick with it. pleeeeeeease!

• Danbo

Danbo - 2009-10-28

Try under preferences. It will show which modules are loaded. Uncheck "Exchange storage" and then restart Evolution. As far as I know Evolution for Windows does not work with exchange. My advice is to use Evolution un Linux (Unbuntu especially!!!) if you really need it to work with exchange.

• turbotafano

turbotafano - 2009-10-29

Well, actually I'd like to use evolution to access the exchange server of my office, so I can't switch it off.
    Anyway it works perfectly for a couple of minutes, but then it crashes.
    I'll try some future release

and no, I'd love to switch to linux (actually I did, at home) but in the office I use a company's pc so I can't

thx

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks