Exchange (OWA) Problem Thread

2006-07-06
2013-04-11
  • Nelson E. Ingersoll

FWIW -

I just finished installing Kubuntu 6.06 and with it Evolution v2.6.1.  I was immediately able to connect to our MS Exchange server with it.  No trouble at all.

There was one package I installed, using Adept, named 'evolution-exchange' which claims to be an 'Exchange plugin for the Evolution Groupware suite'.  Is it possible that this is needed under Windows as well?

BTW - The two systems are inches apart and are on the same network switch-box.  They even share the same keyboard, mouse, and video display.

- Nelson

• Alex Earl

Alex Earl - 2006-07-07

evolution-exchange is part of the source drop, so I would assume it is included in the setup.

• Nelson E. Ingersoll

Alex,

Any thoughts on how I might be able to see what is different about the installations?  Especially when they are talking (or trying) with the Exchange server?  I have little experience troubleshooting windows; however, I am *always* happy to learn new skills.  Point me somewhere and I can even read.

- Nelson

• Alex Earl

Alex Earl - 2006-07-07

It may be useful to capture the network traffic for both during the account setup phase (e.g. when you press the Authenticate button). This could possibly show what the problem is. I recommend ethereal (or wireshark as its now known). It runs on both windows and linux very well. I've been planning on running the same test, but haven't gotten around to it.