New Release 2.6.2-3

2006-06-20
2013-04-11
  • Marcos Pinto

Marcos Pinto - 2006-06-20

Please, everyone who's having problems try 2.6.2-3.  It adds Windows 2000 compatibility and should fix gtk/path problems.  Let me know, as usual.  Good luck!

• Marcos Pinto

Make sure the old Evolution dir is completely removed before install 2.6.2-3.  Thanks

• RegLinUsr

RegLinUsr - 2006-06-20

Oops, I installed v2.6.2-3 over v2.6.2-2... no
        problem so far. I'll post if I find something.

• Erik Vigmostad

Erik Vigmostad - 2006-06-20

After a long time I get a blank error window popup.  That's it.

• Erik Vigmostad

Didn't help.  Same result.  I did completely uninstall and delete directory prior to installing.

• Marcos Pinto

Erik,
        Is there anything not normal about your environment?  Do you have your program folders in a drive other than C:?  Anything else that you can think of?  The cmd window is supposed to pop up and close itself, but shortly after Evolution is supposed to show up.  Not sure why it's doing this to you.

• Erik Vigmostad

I think everything is 'normal'.   No D drive, etc.  No Gimp.  I do have CYGWIN installed and it isn't in  Program Files.  Has its own directory.

• Brian Casiello

Brian Casiello - 2006-06-20

I don't need the step2.cmd changes anymore, but it didn't help in terms of the https: exchange connection.

• Will

Will - 2006-06-20

i uninstalled gimp and gtk, cleaned the registry.. made sure
      evolution was unistalled, dir removed and tried this version .. same thing cmd window pops up and closes and evolution never pops up. 

windows xp pro xp2

• Marcos Pinto

Will,
      Is there anything not normal about your environment?  Do you have your program folders in a drive other than C:?  Anything else that you can think of?  The cmd window is supposed to pop up and close itself, but shortly after Evolution is supposed to show up.  Not sure why it's doing this to you.

• Will

Will - 2006-06-20

i have other drives but none contain program folders. c: is the main and only one used for windows. i haven't tried this at home yet, this is my main workstation at work, which i'm the network admin so not a permission problem there are anything. so i dunno. i'll try at home tonite if i get a chance and see if i get the same result

• Joel Gray

Joel Gray - 2006-06-20

Just an FYI, I went the route of modifying the set PATH= line in the step2.cmd as suggested to have the %PATH%; at the end of the line and that fixed it for me.  Now if I can just get the Exchange piece to work.  ;)

• Marcos Pinto

Joel, changed from what to what?  2.6.2-3 installer already had %PATH% at the very end.  This is the default for 2.6.2-3
        set PATH=%EVO_HOME%\bin;%EVO_HOME%\lib\evolution\2.6\components;%PATH%;

• Joel Gray

Joel Gray - 2006-06-20

Ah, I just downloaded today, but it must have been teh 2.6.2-2 release.  Sorry for my confusion.

• Mr. Joe Nobody

Mr. Joe Nobody - 2006-06-21

Same deal. Complete uninstall, manaual wipe of files... new install same thing, runs but no gui.

Is there some debug mode that can be ran?

Xp pro SP2.

• K Renaud

K Renaud - 2006-09-11

Hello All,

I'm running Evolution 2.6.2-5 on Win2K SP4 with MSVCR71.DLL in %SYSTEM32% and am experiencing the same problem with processes showing up, but no GUI.

I've tried both my default resolution 1400x1024 16 bit as well as 1024x768 32 bit with the same result.

I'm wondering the same as joenobody1877 - Are there any logs I can look at or debug parameters I can use in order to find the source of the problem?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks