Using SharpCvsLib in local

Help
2004-08-05
2004-08-06
  • ARNOLD David

ARNOLD David - 2004-08-05

Can I use the SharpCvsLib, to use CVS locally (not connecting to a CVS server), to save different versions of projects, without installing a CVS server. Sorry if the question is stupid, but I'd like to provide a versionning system, using your library.
    I've already done it in VB6 using SubVersion through the command line, but I'd like to do it in C# very properly.

Thanks for your answer,
    David

• Clayton Harbour

Clayton Harbour - 2004-08-05

Hi,

Currently #cvslib does not support the :local protocol and unfortunately I don't even have it on the radar yet (sspi is the next protocol I have on the list to add).  If you would like to implement it and submit patches I will gladly add those to the library. 

Cheers,

Clayton

• Clayton Harbour

Clayton Harbour - 2004-08-06

Hi David,

Just another post on this, I have split out the PServerProtocol and the ExtProtocol into seperate classes (they were implemented in the CvsServerConnection class before).  If you want to take a stab at the local protocol these might be a good place to start.  It might even be worth looking into using the cvsnt implementation and wrapping in a pinvoke (at least initially) if this can be done.

Cheers,

Clayton

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks