I/O supports

Help
r0dy
2004-09-24
2013-04-25
  • r0dy

r0dy - 2004-09-24

Hi
    Could you show me some example on how to redirect the OutputStream (or is that some other element that i missed ?) to a form's TextBox for example ?
    I've seen there are asynchronous readings and writings, but couldn't see how to use them in the tests.
    What i'd like to do is having all the cvs usual responses (like logging in to blabla, update and commit responses, etc) into my textbox.
    Thank you

• Clayton Harbour

Clayton Harbour - 2004-09-29

Hi There,

Are you using the library component or are you using the exe in a seperate process?  If you are using the library you might checkout the following:
          http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/sharpcvslib/sharpcvslib/src/ICSharpCode.Console/SharpCvsLib/Console/ConsoleMain.cs?annotate=1.26
      line: 209

This shows how to listen to message events sent by the library. 

If you are using the exe in it's own process you can pass in -verbose or -log:[debug|info|warn|error] to change the logging level.  You can also change it in the cvs.exe.config file, I believe it is set to warn by default.  Once those levels are altered you should be able to capture the output as per normal.

• r0dy

r0dy - 2004-09-29

this code uses console app commands, so i guess i don't have the choice, right ?
      moreover, i don't have the same code at all in my src file... what lib must i download in order to do the same ?

• Clayton Harbour

Clayton Harbour - 2004-09-30

Actually you can use the code as an example and still use the library.  If you are down that road already then it might make sense, and adding the listener is pretty easy.

The link I sent is the latest cvs version of the library/ console code.  You should be able to download it from the nightly builds.

• r0dy

r0dy - 2004-09-30

Ok i'm gonna download the latest versions then.
      Once i have made some improvements for my GUI i'll ask my questions here and keep giving you feedback.
      Btw, i tried to register to the users mailing list, but the server didn't seem to work.

• Clayton Harbour

Clayton Harbour - 2004-10-01

Awesome, if you come across any bugs in the application just drop us a line.

Re: User mailing list: I sent a message to the mailing list to test and it is taking awhile to show up (i.e. 5 minutes).  I will send a note to the sf.net team if it does not show up by tonight.

Cheers,

Clayton

• r0dy

r0dy - 2004-09-30

where can i download the whole thing in a zip or something like that ? i've browsed the cvs and it's huge, file by file it's gonna take hours...

• Clayton Harbour

Clayton Harbour - 2004-10-03

Hi,

I have added a sample windows forms application that will just display the messages from a checkout.  The application is checked into cvs under the examples folder.  You can build it by navigating to the build folder and using:
          build.bat build.all

Or from the examples build folder:
          ${path-to-nant-in-tools-folder}/NAnt.exe 

Cheers,

Clayton

• r0dy

r0dy - 2004-11-10

ok i've checked out the repository and i'm starting to look at your example... it looks great, and i think it will give the keys for most people to begin using your lib.
      i don't have much time for my cvs app, but i'm gonna base it upon your example, and if i ever manage to finish it, i'll send it to you.

Thanks again
      r0dy

• Angus Black

Angus Black - 2004-11-10

Great, that would be really great, struggle to get going with this.

Thanks